We have seen an evolution in streaming TV and watching movies since the advent of live TV apps. Now due to the availability of live TV apps, we can stream TV shows on smartphones on the go. You can watch online TV anywhere and anytime without any hassle. All you need to do is download the app on your device and have a decent internet connection.
You can find a plethora of live TV apps on the internet however the one which has gained tremendous popularity is the JioTV app. But what makes JioTV so popular and better than the other apps? The very reason for JioTV’s popularity is you can stream a variety of content for fraction of the cost. JioTV is available without any paid subscription. You can access JioTV for free if you are a Jio user without paying any additional cost for the app. All you need is a Jio SIM card so that you can log into the app using your Jio mobile number.
JioTV app has over 600+ live TV channels including 100+ HD channels. You can browse content across various languages and genres on the app. You can enjoy your favorite content at your fingertips with this app. Along with a variety of TV channels, the JioTV app has smart features that offer a seamless watching experience on your devices. Read below to know the list of channels available on JioTV across various genres-
- Entertainment – Colors, Zee TV, Sony, SAB TV, &TV, Rishtey, Comedy Central. You can watch India’s biggest reality show Bigg Boss on the app along with other popular TV shows like KumkumBhagya, Taarak Mehta KaOoltahChashmah, KundaliBhagya, Shakti AstitvaKeEhsaas Ki, Aladdin, Tujhse Hai Raabta, Yeh Teri Galiyaan, Splitsvilla, etc.
- Sports – Sony Six, Sony Ten 1, Neo Sports, JioSports, JioFootball, Sony ESPN, DD Sports. There are over 30+ live sports channels where you can stream popular sports events like ISL, International cricket matches, ODI series, Test series, etc.
- News – AajTak, NDTV, ABP News, India TV, CNN News18, India Today, Republic, Times Now, BBC. There are up to 215 live news channels on the app which update you on the all latest happenings around you and the globe.
- Infotainment – Discovery, History TV, Sony BBC Earth, FYI TV18 Animal Planet. Stream around 49 infotainment channels and watch popular shows like Food Factory, Running Wild with Bear Grylls, Storage Wars, Man vs. Wild, OMG Ye Hai Mera India, etc.
As mentioned earlier JioTV has the following amazing features with seamless streaming at your fingertips.
- Seven-day catch-up feature – With this feature you can stream TV shows or movies broadcasted in the past week. Please note that this feature is available for specific channels.
- Pause and Play – You can pause and play the live streaming according to your convenience.
- Dock player feature – This feature lets you browse through the content on the app and stream live TV channels simultaneously.
- Reminder feature – Using this feature you can set reminders for any programs so that you don’t miss the new episodes of your favorite shows.
- Rewind or Forward – You can rewind or forward up to 30 seconds on the player.
- Video quality – You can select the video streaming quality according to your preference and select from the high, medium, or low depending on your internet speeds.
The only limitation of this app is that it does not support devices other than smartphones and tablets. You cannot use JioTV on desktops or laptops as the web version isn’t currently available. However, you can stream JioTV on your smart TV if you are a JioFiber user. You can find the details of this on the official website of Reliance Jio.